The UK’s national fish and chip awards ceremony will be taking place in London on Wednesday, 20 January. The awards, organised by Seafish, seek to reward excellence in a range of categories. The judges use criteria ranging from responsible sourcing practices, customer service, hygiene and staff training, and the quality of fish and chips.
There are two award categories that specifically reward the knowledge and promotion of responsible sourcing and sustainability practices: ‘From Field to Frier’ and the ‘Good Catch – The Sustainable Seafood Award’.
Other categories are:
- Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year
- Independent Fish and Chip Restaurant of the Year
- Best Mobile Fish and Chip Operator
- Best Foodservice Operator Award
- Best Multiple Fish and Chip Operator
- Best Newcomer
- Staff Training and Development
- Drywite Young Fish Frier of the Year
- Marketing Innovation
- The Great ‘Fish & Chip’ School Lunch
- Healthy Eating ‘Fish and Chips’
- NFFF Quality Award Champion
Find out more about the past winners.